Feed My Starving Children
- Did you know that 815 million people – over 10% of the world’s population — goes to bed hungry on a regular basis?
- Poor nutrition causes 45% of deaths in children under 5. That’s 3.1 million children each year.
And yet, there’s enough food in the world for everyone to have adequate nutrition. We just need to get it to these children and families that don’t have access to nutritious food.
We can help.
Feed My Starving Children’s mission is to feed God’s starving children, hungry in body and spirit. 100% reliant on volunteers and donations, FMSC shipped over 333 million meals across the world in 2017, rescuing thousands of children from starvation, giving then hope. And guess what? FMSC is coming to Jefferson County!
May 11, 2019, the FMSC Jefferson County MobilePack will be set up at the Jefferson County Fair Park Activity Center.
- We will pack 272,000 meals! The meals, specially formulated to meet the nutritional needs of malnourished children, contain rice, dried veggies, protein and vitamin supplements.
- Packing that many meals takes a lot of hands! There are 1000 2-hour work shifts that need to be filled to accomplish the goal.
What can you do?
- Donate to the FMSC Jefferson County MobilePack, which will pay for the meals we pack that day. We need to raise $60,000 to pay for the ingredients that go into 272,000 meals, and we need your help! Click here.
- Organize a team to pack on May 11. Your team could be a group from work, family, friends, sports teams, scouts, 4-H, churches, service organizations, clubs, small groups, etc. Anyone can pack, as long as you are at least 5 years old. Online registration opens March 1, 2019.
For more information about FMSC, visit www.fmsc.org.